Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Europe Trip


Praise God..Praise God...Praise God....that would be the starting for this update about my trip to Norway and Finland...


Norway was awesome and my time there was something I didn't expected it would be the way it was. God really loves me so much. Before I went there I planed to work a lot and do a lot with Team Action... but God knew what I needed. The past 7 years since I have been back to Thailand from USA after my School of the Bible in Tyler Texas, I have been working and serving YWAM Chiangmai Thailand and many of you might have read my updates once in a while.. and from the Thai Bhuddish background I realize that I still has the idea of "my worth is in my work" so when I got to Norway - I spend 5 weeks there doing nothing much... just observed the teams how they work and prayed for them. When I was in Thailand - I was a DTS leaders - I work with short term teams - I work as tour operator - I was somebody. But when I went to Norway God sit me down and let me enjoy the time of relaxing and doing nothing. I really ...really praise God for it even though God need to take me away from the environment where I thought I did something to the place where I was selfless - He did so for me to be able to seek Him with my whole heart. My friends in Team Action really help me a lot to enjoy my time there with God, and I really learn so much from them. Team Action is a team of young people who love God and they went wound the country to do music concert and musical - to reach out to the young people in their nation. They work from put up the stage - acting out their program then take down the stage they just put up couple hour ago. I saw their team work and they way the team obey their leaders was very impressive and really encouraging. I have been traveling with them to difference part of Norway to see the beauty of the nature God created. It was like a big reward and bonus God given me, 5 weeks in Norway become really rewarding to my work of 7 years non stop. Even though each year I had some time off and vacation now and then but it was not something like this. To travel all the way to Norway to have time alone with God and enjoy His presence was something i never thought of having. I would like to thank God and also extend my thankful heart to Team Action that help to make the trip happen. They paid my way there and the whole time I was with them they really took good care of me - host me and feed me well. I felt like 40 days of seeking the Lord was fulfill during the trip and I am ready for my next exciting step with God.

Finland
This part of my trip was also the dream come through. Since I was 10 years old I came to know the foreign country name "Finland" through my missionary mom and this country has a special pace in my heart. My missionary mom is from Finland and since I was young I had people who have have been praying for me and supporting me financially, I was able to go to school until I graduated with Business degree. When I got there I was able to meet with my missionary mom and spend a lot of time with her. We talked a lot about people in Fang - Thailand where she used to ministered before she retire, talked about all of her children and the work that God is still continue His work in Fang Good News Church and the places around. We were able to talk through many things but special for me because I knew I was not that good or obedient kid grew up. So there was time of reconciliation and happy time together. She also took me to visit many difference people who have heard about me for many years through her news letters and her testimony. Two of my high light of the trip were that I was able to visit the grave yard of one lady who has been supported me to school till university level till I graduated. I also had a chance to visit her family and her husband who still alive. I was sorry that I was not able to make it to see her when she still on earth but I believe that I will see her again in heaven. and another high light was that I was able to speak in front of the congregation at Salem church for 5 minutes to thank them because they sent my missionary mom to work in Thailand and I was able to witness how God work through missionaries lives around the world. and I am the fruit of their work. I also met with a Thai fellowship in the church and share with them my personal life with God and encourage them to continue their walk with God. Many of the Thai ladies who marry to the Finn men and left their home country and live in Finland had to face many kind of struggle but when some of them come to know Christ, He become their Savior in that hard situations.


To God be glorify.

No comments: