Sunday, July 08, 2007

July_Update&China Trip


China Trip:

We had great time in China, we went to the city that most of the population in that city are Zhuang people group, they are consider minority group in China, population about 12 million altogether. They live in the most beautiful mountain areas. It is so interesting to us that their language is so similar to our language, so we are able to understand each other a lot. For sure we also look like them in physically so it is easy for us to blend in. we as a team really excited when we found many things so alike some of their objects that they use in farming and even daily life, body parts, and colors also sound so similar. My team and I we believe we had a successful trip and after we come back we now have more ideas how we could prepare and plan for our students to go back there in November. We found out that little city do not have so many white people, so our American friends who went on the trip really attracted to Chinese people in the area so much, and we who have same skin can get in there and start conversation easily. Some times when we walk through the town, and we let out American friends walked ahead of us and we watch people reaction toward our friends was so funny, but we also found that would be our good tools to gathering people around us and we can talked with them more. We do not need to do dramas or performances like we used to, just brings some white people with us, we will be attractive enough for people to starting to ask us questions. That’s sound funny isn’t it…but it is so true… and we went to visit few universities as well…preparing the way for our students to go over.

The more it getting closer to the time DTS will start, the more I get excited about it… but I also know that I really need to get closer to God and He has to help me. Right now we are accepting 20 students already, which half are Thai and half are foreigners. We are expecting about 28 students maximum, according to the capacity of our accommodation could handle. Right now we got just this month to prepare and try to get everything ready, as next months would be crazy for us.

Please pray with me

* For DTS class starting in September, staffs and students would be prepared by God to join the school. We now have 1 foreigner man join us as staff… praise God for that and we still need 1 more female foreigner staff and we will be ready to go.
* For my dad and his family, they are starting the rice planting season, my dad told me that he does not know why he didn’t get much rice each year. He is a hard working man, and pray that God will show him, His glory even when he is working. I pray that God will bring my dad to God before he leaves this earth.
* For monthly support during now on and when DTS starts. Thanks for friends who already commit to support me and do that already. I believe God will provide all.

Special prayer request….

* I need a new laptop computer, the one I am using now is dieing on me. I got this one in 2001; a six years old boy gave me money to buy it. (miracle) And I am so thankful for it because it helped me all along since I did my school of the Bible in the US until now. I am looking for Mc Apple laptop and it is around 1,500 US$ (the price in Thailand is little higher than else where) it would be so much helpful for me for working and traveling.

Your extension to Thailand and the nations

Khanthana Khankaew

1 comment:

Khanthana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.